Thursday, January 10, 2013

Stuffed Green Bell Peppers (Crock Pot) Recipe


 Stuffed Green Bell Peppers

So I have been trying a lot of new recipes recently and something that I love that I have never made is stuffed green bell peppers. I always try to find a recipe online that has everything I plan on using but a lot of the time it has more ingredients like onions, which a certain man won't eat. So I take what I see online and simplify it to fit my needs. For this recipe this is what I used:

1 pound of hamburger
4 large bell peppers
1/2 cup of minute rice
1 - 1 1/2 cups of tomato sauce divided
Seasonings of your choice
Cheese of your choice

Some ingredients
Seasonings I used
Filling
In the crock pot they go

Looking good
Topped with cheese














Put the lid on





Finished!

















































































































So here are the directions
Filling :
First I cooked the rice according to directions.
As the rice was cooking I browned the hamburger.
Drain and rinse the hamburger to remove grease and set aside.
I took one pepper removed all the seeds and cut one half of it up and fried them in the pan the
hamburger came out of until soft.

I mixed the hamburger, rice, half of the tomato sauce, seasonings, a small handful of cheese, and fried peppers.

Peppers:
I cut the tops off of the peppers and removed the insides.
I blanched the peppers. You do this by placing the peppers in boiling water for 3-5 minutes.
Once removed from the boiling water, I placed them in the crock pot and filled the peppers up with the filling.
I dumped the other half of the tomato sauce in the bottom of the crock pot so it will steam up and
keep the peppers moist and then can be used as extra sauce when it is finished..
I then put cheese on top of the peppers and put the lid on.
I cooked them on high for about 4 hours.

I hope you enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment